Sunday, June 14, 2009

IF - Unfold


IF - Unfold, originally uploaded by boredomsketch.

I've unfolded this little zombie from my darkside :D , heheh, and when the IF topic got out, i already had the drawing started.
So i decided to go with it and try to do something a little different and experiment!
I started by drawing with a quill pen and ink, very loose and spontaneous. After that i've colored it using watercolors, colored pencils, and scanned it.
The size of the paper it's an a6 sketchbook i'm using now.
Which by itself it's a different journey.
Digitally i've added the texture which already had the ornaments.
The texture can be download from here, www.bittbox.com/freebies/free-high-res-texture-pack-the-a...

7 comments:

Sorrel Sparks said...

Nice image, I like the colours and textures :P

Rui Sousa said...

Lovely, absolutely marvellous work! Excellent!

jazzlamb said...

Lovely style. I like the bloo skin tone. And the red:)

110SPECIALBLACK said...

Yummy! I like Zombies!

boredomsketch said...

Sorrel Sparks - Thank you!

Rui Sousa - Thanks for the kind words :)

Jazzlamb - Thanks!

110SPECIALBLACK - It was my first one, hehe!

Catilustre said...

woow yes it is a bit dark..brrrr!
but great draculesque illustration !
and very kind giving all info about your techniques :-)

boredomsketch said...

CATI - My pleasure ;)